Sunday, November 28, 2010

Iraq or Bust!

Blogging... What has the world come to? I must be out of my mind. However, I made Tiff a promise, so here I am! Plus, she promised you pictures of my tree that she can't deliver, so I can't go and make a liar out of her.




This is self-explanatory. The answer is: Yes. I am always this goodlooking.

Who knew that at this time of the year, I'd be wearing a sweater in my CHU (housing unit; get used to the acronyms while you can) at night? I realize it's not nearly as cold as it is back home, but after dealing with 130 degree heat, 55-60 degrees is freezing! Still, aside from the weather and other things that I can't control and didn't predict here in scenic Iraq, I can't complain. It definitely could be worse. I have my own room that I have decked out with every luxory I could find, and if I haven't been able to find it, it seems like Tiff or Mama Lunnen have already sent it.

Some of you may have heard about this tribute of mine. And, in light of the, "block heard round the world" (literally, I was listening to the game... and I'm... on the other side of the world... get it? NM) I figured this was a good time to gloat! And, no. Those are NOT acorns surrounding the "U," they're claws... obviously.



None of those things do anything for me in the "lonliness" department though, so I've taken up a number of things to occupy all of my spare time. I recently read Harry Potter 6 (en espanol) and have moved on to book number 7 in preparation for the "Hajji" copy of the movie that I will later buy which will include a few scenes where random shadows stand up and return with newly filled popcorn and drinks. I'm excited. Also, my brother-in-law, Devin, will be happy to know that I continue to keep a journal, eventhough the entries seem to be less frequent as of late because of a general lack of new or interesting things happening around me. Other than that, I work out. Matter of fact, aside from my much anticipated Skype sessions with Tiff and Noa, getting out of my CHU and to the gym is about the most exciting part to my day. Granted, the things that my job entails can be exciting on occasion, but why bore you with stories about a war that's ALREADY OVER! Suffice it to say, I believe that I have already met the Iraqi 007 and even it's equivelant of Mcgiver, yet I feel that none of these stories are as interesting as the decoration Tiffany sent me to cover my baby sized X-mas tree! With any luck, Tiff's new child-like fanaticism with X-mas will take hold of me soon and my next post will include pictures of me dressed as "Sand"a Claus, driving my own mock/armored sleigh pulled by 8 tiny/armored HMMVs or Stryker, you choose, delivering X-mas joy to all of good little Iraqi boys and girls....

Or not... Until then, these pictures will have to do. Enjoy.

The purtiest tree in all of Iraq. Not that there was much competition...
I declare to all of Iraq, that if they will allow me to personally put an "actual" stop to this thing whole "war" business, I will personally make sure that all public restrooms officially become "CO-ED!" Name me one world leader who wouldn't drop what they were doing to have that promse implemented... Didn't think so!





2 comments:

  1. It's official. I just stinkin love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a great post! Glad to hear from Jamison and see what he does day to day.

    ReplyDelete