Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Monsters and Messes and Laughs, OH MY


So as I said Jamie was home recently and I decided I should talk a little
more about what we did.
He first of all fell right back in love with Noa.
(Who can't? He is pretty amazing!)
We hung around for a few days and went on our first family road trip!
So being the perpetual over packer that I am, packed everything but the kitchen sink.
Thinking that I had done an AMAZING job, we set out.
Noa's first feeding comes around and I am ready, I have my thermos of hot water to warm the breast milk and peas that we were staring for the first time that day.
I heat the peas thinking Noa would adjust great and gobble them up...
I was sorely mistaken!
He not only spit them out I think that it is safe to say he despised them!
He spat them out, choked on them between blood curdling screams and would put his tongue on the roof of his mouth to be sure I could not get that spoon in there even a little. So I am so distraught that I decide to feed him the bottle. I
begin to warm it up and have it all ready and he is grabbing for it.
So I put it in his mouth and...
it come spewing out of his mouth with more chokes and screams.
As you can imagine I was so confused.So I try again with the same results.
I check the nipple and guess what...it just so happens that I brought the one that I had cut a hole in to more effectively feed him his cereal and milk.

PERFECT!!!

So feeling like an A+ mom I tell Jamie that we have to pull over at the next exit I had brought some pears and we would try those.
We get to the next exit and who knew that gas station didn't have baby supplies!?!
They have every odd food you can think of, kitty litter, dog food, bumper stickers, plush monkeys but no and I mean NO baby supplies.
So we heat up Noa's pears and he gobbles those down so quick you would have thought I hadn't fed him all day.
Jamie in the mean time asks where the nearest town with
some sort of store is and it is of course 20 miles down the road. So we hop in the car with Jamie singing and doing all sorts of crazy things to keep our little man happy. So long story short...
Even if you think you are overly prepared you don't have any idea what the first family vacation will bring!

On to happy things we got there after 9 hours of driving and lots of stops and breaks.
Jamie and Noa loved hanging out here are a few shots to show what we did.

Noa on one of our many stops enjoying being in the drivers seat!



Our little family with the vegas sign.

If you look really close its an ad for the Holly Madison peep show, Jamie thinks it is never too young to start.

The boys swimming

Daddy feeding Noa sour patch kids...he LOVED THEM!

So you may now be wondering where the monster part of this tile is going to be added to my post. Well in the Lunnen family we celebrated halloween early and Noa's first halloween costume was you guessed it a monster. I will post one picture and the rest will have to wait until I can fully describe the events.




No comments:

Post a Comment